- Go through Creating an App to setup your app in the developer dashboard.
In the Advanced Info section, enable the attachment picker.
Provide Fill in the info below details:
Field Mandatory Description Tooltip text Yes This will be shown against your Attachment picker button to the user Action Select action for attachment picker Yes
Select an appropriate client action for the attachment picker.
Type of widget in desktop Yes Whether the widget should be modal or sidebar (available only if open widget is selected) Action URL Yes The URL that should get called on execution of the slash command (available only if open widget or open browser are selected) Send context Yes Whether information related to the event should be sent to the browser (available only if open browser is selected)
- Go through app installation and install this app into your own Flock account.
- Whenever a user presses the attachment picker button, the event client.pressButton along with a validation token will be appended to the corresponding client action you selected and sent to your service.
- After verifying the validation token, you should present the interface for the user to create an attachment.
- Once the user has finished creating the attachment you can send it to back to Flock to the chat tab from where the user clicked on your attachment picker by creating a message object, with an attachment object, and sending the message to Flock via the chat.sendMessage method call.
- Publish your app to the app store once you are done testing it.