What is a chat tab button?
A chat tab button allows users to initiate your app from the chat tab bar. Here is what a chat tab button looks like on desktop
... and mobile
What are the available actions for a Chat tab button?
When a user presses the Chat tab button, you can configure it to do one of the below:
- Launch a modal widget
- Launch a sidebar widget
- Launch a browser
- Send an event to your app service
Alongwith launching the above widgets or browser, a client.pressButton event will also be passed as a parameter to the web app URL loaded in any of the above widgets or the browser.
How do I create a chat tab button?
- Go through Creating an App to setup your app in the developer dashboard.
In the Advanced Info section, enable the chat tab button.
Fill in the info below:
Field Mandatory Description Tooltip text Yes This will be shown against your app launcher button to the user Select action for chat tab Yes
Select an appropriate client action for the attachment picker.
Type of widget in desktop Yes Whether the widget should be modal or sidebar (available only if open widget is selected) Action URL Yes The URL that should get called on clicking of the chat tab button (available only if open widget or open browser are selected) Send context Yes Whether information related to the event should be sent to the browser (available only if open browser is selected)
- Go through app installation and install this app into your own Flock account
- Whenever a user presses the Chat tab button, the event client.pressButton along with a validation token will be appended to the corresponding client action you selected and sent to your service
- Verify the validation token and take the relevant action at your end