What is a chat tab button?
A chat tab button allows users to initiate your app from the chat tab bar. Here is what a chat tab button looks like on desktop
... and mobile
What are the available actions for a Chat tab button?
When a user presses the Chat tab button, you can configure it to do one of the below:
- Launch a modal widget
- Launch a sidebar widget
- Launch a browser
- Send an event to your app service
Alongwith launching the above widgets or browser, a client.pressButton event will also be passed as a parameter to the web app URL loaded in any of the above widgets or the browser.
How do I create a chat tab button?
- Go through Creating an App to setup your app in the developer dashboard.
In the Advanced Info section, enable the Chat tab button
Provide the below details:
Field Description Tooltip text This will be shown against your Chat tab button to the user Action
Select an appropriate action for the Chat tab button
- Go through app installation and install this app into your own Flock account
- Whenever a user presses the Chat tab button, the event client.pressButton along with a validation token will be appended to the corresponding client action you selected and sent to your service
- Verify the validation token and take the relevant action at your end