- To get started, visit our Developer Dashboard (coming soon), and click on Start Creating a Flock App. Fill in the information requested and Click on the Save button to create the app
- Specify your Event Listener URL. This is an HTTPS endpoint provided by your app. Flock will send events to this endpoint (including app.install which provides you with an authentication token for each user who installs the app).
- At this point you are all set to send messages and attachments to Flock.
- You may choose to configure the following optional capabilities:
- Copy your App Secret. This is a shared secret between Flock and your app which is used by Flock to sign Event Tokens. Make sure this value is never known to any third party.
- Read the Events page to understand how events are sent to your event listener URL, or sent to a widget or the browser.
- Read App Installation on what happens when a user tries to install your app.
To publish your app to the Flock App store, go to the app page in the developer dashboard, and click the Publish button. This will list the app in the Flock App Store. You can control whether the app is visible only to your team or to everyone on Flock just for your team. To publish your app for every Flock user, get in touch with us.
How can a user Install my app?